PayPal is an efficient service, as long as you always make sure you have money in your account. PayPal does not require any introduction. And, they are offering a new debit MasterCard also known as PayPal Cash Card. You can use the card to shop online or where MasterCard is accepted in the store. But you may not know how to activate your PayPal card. Many users are still unaware that you can start using PayPal cash features as soon as you apply for a card. Generally, you will receive the actual card within 10 business days. And then you need to activate PayPal Debit MasterCard to use it online or in-store. In this post, we will show you step-by-step how to activate a PayPal Cash Card.
So, let’s go to
How to Activate Your PayPal Card?
To be clear, there are 3 ways to activate your PayPal Cash Card. And, all the methods are simple. Thus, for your convenience, we will share all 3 methods here.
Also Read:- What Is VPN and Why You Use It?
Step 1: From the PayPal Mobile App:
If you have received your PayPal Cash Card and are using the PayPal mobile app, you can use this method. For this, it will be necessary if you do not have the PayPal mobile app installed on your phone. Then follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to Follow
- Launch the PayPal app on your smartphone
- First, log in to your PayPal account in the app
- Select the ‘Settings / Gear’ icon from the top right corner of the screen
- Now, tap on the ‘PayPal Cash Card‘ option in the menu
- In doing so, you will need to enter some information related to your cash card and your PayPal account
- Chances are, you’ll be asked to enter your PayPal Cash Card expiration date or CVC code
- Therefore, check the cash card carefully and enter the required information correctly
- Also, remember to match the last 4 digits of your card with the 4 digits indicated by PayPal on the webpage to verify that you have received the right card from PayPal.
- And after entering the required information, tap on the ‘Activate Card‘ button
- Next, you will be asked to create a new PIN for your PayPal Cash Card. In this example, double-enter your preferred 4-digit PIN in a specific field
- And, tap on ‘Generate PIN‘ option
That’s it. With this, your new PayPal Cash Card will be fully created. You will see a confirmation on the screen that is ‘Your card is now activated’. So, from now on, you can add money to the card from your PayPal balance. And, you can access the card information from your PayPal app’s ‘Settings> PayPal Cash Card’ settings.
Step 2. From PayPal.com
If you are not using the PayPal mobile app, you can activate your PayPal Cash Card using the PayPal website. So, you can use a browser on your mobile or computer for this. Here’s how to do it.
- You need to login to your PayPal account by providing the login credentials
- Now, you will be asked to enter some information about your PayPal Debit MasterCard on the next page
- Most of the time, you will be asked to enter the card’s expiration date or CVC code
- After you enter the information, click on the ‘Activate Card‘ option
- Now, you need to create a new PIN for your cash card. So, enter the preferred PIN in the two blank fields
- And, click on the Create Pin button
In addition, you will see a confirmation notification on the screen saying ‘Your card is now activated’. So, you can start adding money to the cash card from your PayPal account balance. A new option related to ‘PayPal Cash Card‘ will automatically appear on the dashboard of your PayPal account. And, you can manage card operations from that setting.
Step 3. By Calling to PayPal Helpline
The latter method is more traditional. Yes, we are talking about calling PayPal’s helpline to activate your PayPal Debit MasterCard. This will be very useful if you do not have experience in using computers or mobile devices.
- To activate your PayPal debit card just call 1-800-314-8298 and follow PayPal’s instructions
- Remember, this is an automatic activation line. You have to follow the steps given by the pre-recorded voice
Overall, activating a Paypal Cash Card is not very difficult. We hope you enjoyed reading our article and found it easy to activate your cash card.